HybridZ

any aussies done a chev?

Guest empracing

Sorry I can't Help with the aussie conversion but maybe you can help me I'm trying to get a subscription to fast fours and rotorys I can't find it stateside but I imagine if I got an issue it will have a subsciption card that I can order it from let me know if you can help me Keith

keith,

try: Supscription Manager

The federal publishing company

p.o.box 199

Alexandria NSW 2015

Australia

PH. 02 93539992

This was out of a two yaer old mag. I dont get it any more.

I have seen a 308 into a zed in a street machine mag about 5 years ago. It ran an auto box. If you find more info let me know.

I am stearing towards a sbc with a supra 5 speed for now. Having never played with a v8 before, i dont know what hangs on the left side of the block that will get in the way of the steering of a right hand drive car. I think that really is the only diff. The brake booster shouldnt be any more problem then it is for left hand drive. I havent read the book yet. Is that a problem?

Cheers

Douglas

Right side has a starter. Honestly it's pretty far back though so I'm NOT sure it would be an issue. IF I think of it I'll try to snap a close up of that side for you and of the driver's side steering rod on a US car to help you picture it. Ya' might have to remind me though - been really busy lately... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest empracing

You know fast fours and rotors is now just Fast fours? and if you think thats good you should try "Hot fours and performance cars" and "zoom" there bulk better and include such great cars as "Z's"!!!! anyway thanks for the info so far guys P.S 5 speeds behind v8s own! P.P.S that wasent ment to be an add

Good question BLK i'm not looking for info on how to put 9" yellow stickers on my honda or kia? is there a difference? Any way does any body know of a good mag out there for rotor heads? The dominicans that I race with have not been very forthcoming with any tips and I;m tired of getting beat in the street drags at the track. All though they have been a great help in the project Z.

Guest empracing

Man try to hook up with some aussie rotor shops they know a few things about making rotors go hard and the au$ is buggered so maybe it would be cheap im not up on the us rotor scene but there as at least 2 500+hp rotors in my street there like bloody hondas to us

A few years back, my job sent me to Melbourne for a few days. While there, I stumbled on a company doing GTO conversions just down the street from the customer I was visiting. They had a coupe with a small block chevy. I wasn't very familiar with swaps then, so I couldn't give you many details about it.

I dug out the company's brochure that has some build-up photos of that coupe. The distributor looks to be about three inches from the firewall.

Don't know if the company is still around, but it was called the Retro Sports Car Company, the address listed is:

Factory 2. 1-7 Canterbury Rd.

Braeside Melbourne Victoria 3195

I can e-mail you the contact phone number if you want, just send me a note.

Guest empracing

Good call i dident even think to ask the guys doing those but its worth a shot sounds like a scarab type install thow but its a start

Guest Anonymous

I have a 1976 +2 with a small block Chev 327 mated to a 5 speed Toyota Supra box and a Holden 1 Tonne clutch.The conversion was done in Newcastle by the guy I purchased it from and if you are looking for info there is a book available from Pitstop bookshop Perth for about $75.00.The end result is awesome and approximates the US Scarab conversion.The 5 speed box overcomes a lot of the problems of the early Scarab.My car has been strengthened and runs a LSD and Koni adjustables all round and will run high 13 quarters The front brakes have been modified with Toyota 4 spot calipers from a Hilux 4wd.I am looking for a vented and cross drilled disc conversion for the front brakes hopefully from another make or model that wont cost the earth.Help anyone out there!When the car is raced I still end up with serious fade.Good luck