HybridZ

Balanced Driver

PETEW

I'm looking to make a balanced car for autocrossing and for drag racing. I was thinking that the turbo was the way to go, but now I'm not so sure. The V8 would be nice but to make it a balnced project means a lot of money. I am thinking of trying to get a car in the high 12's in the quarter mile and a some what competitive autocrossing car. I am afraid that the turbo will be hard to handle with the boos tcoming on in the corners. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Pete

Guest Anonymous

this may not mean too much but i figured i would chime in. i have taken my turbocoupe t-bird out on sme f the twisty roads when we have nice dryer weather and played out on them with no problems with boost while cornering. the roads i play on aren't nice either they are right in a VERY snakey valley bed and can present quite a challenge, or fun depending how you look at it icon_rolleyes.gif . think about it, if your traveling at a very high rate of speed and come into a HARD left turn are you going to mash the peddle or feather between the gas and brakes as needed? in my car the turb doesn't hit with max boost all at once either (i wish icon_biggrin.gif ) it rises rather quickly but it doesn't slam into the drivetrain all at once. while i can't speak for your car i don't think it would pose a problem. just my .02 icon_smile.gif