HybridZ

PHOTO RADAR

Guest Anonymous

Guest Locutus

I say fight every ticket you get. It is your right in the United States to have a trial by jury or judge for every ticket you get. If you fight and lose at least it cost them more to collect from you than if you just pay the ticket. If everyone fought the tickets they got, the govt agencies would spend ten times what they make in tickets and eventually take notice. Also I believe the reason you can fight and beat red light cameras and photo radar is it takes a picture of your license plate and not the driver. Hence there is no evidence that You actually commited the offense. Tickets are based on the officer being the only witness sometimes with video evidence from the camera mounted in his patrol car. If you use a camera where is the witness that saw it all.

Locutus (sp?) it DOES get a picture of the driver icon_sad.gif There's a light less than a block from my office that has this. I've never gotten a ticket there but people I've spoken to who have get a full portrait. Maybe flip the visor down? icon_wink.gif The polarized covers for your license tag is th ebest defense IMO - that and no front tag. That's not legal here, neither are the covers actually, but I've run my last couple of cars sans front tag with only occasionaly grief and NO tickets.

I guess the best solution is to not run them in the first place. And Pete's right - jurisdictions have been caught shortening lights, not cool!

Make no mistake about it - the cameras are there for revenue generation, and nothing more. I can't cite sources, but the articles I've read on this issue point to a better solution than cameras. In one study, increasing yellow light duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds resulted in a 70% decrease in red light running. No cameras, no officers, no extra expenses at all. But do they do this? Nooooooo.

And photographic evidence isn't illegal in Texas, as far as I know. There are several lights in Plano that have them. Spring Creek and the Tollway, for one.