HybridZ

Chevy Camaro Radiator Info...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just got off of the phone with www.radiator.com.

I talked to the particular rep there and got a bit of useful info that I haven't seen duplicated in any searches on the topic.

The Chevrolet Camaro radiators for the 1984-1986 cars come in 3 possible sizes.

4 & 8 cylinder engines show two different radiator sizes used: 20.75" x 17.25" and 26.25" x 17.25".

6 cylinder engines have the desirable rad for the Z cars: 23.25" x 17.25".

I would imagine that the V8 cars came exclusively with the largest radiator but, then again, that seems too logical.

Anyway, the radiator is supposed to be at my door tomorrow for a delivered price of $123.

BTW, I want the Griffin/Howe rad but am wondering if a radiator thickness of 3" will be a problem when used with an L6, AC and an electric fan. I realize that V8 cars have PLENTY of clearance icon_smile.gif

Anyone have specific fitment information when used with the Datsun L6? Things were pretty tight just using the stock radiator.

Guest Anonymous

MikeKZ: Those are tank to tank numbers, or that is what I was told. I will know when I get the radiator I ordered. Which electric fan did you use in that old pic?

Tim240Z: Thanks for the link. Somehow, I missed that post. I promise I spent a good deal of time over a few days reading search results icon_wink.gif I just missed it.

• 2 weeks later...