HybridZ

Automotive magazine/publication contacts

Savage42

Hey guys! Do any of you know anyone who works for/with any of the magazines like Grassroots Motorsports or other auto/racing related publications? I'm trying to get to the marketing guys, but any direct contact with someone who works for any of them would be great. I know most are pretty much owned by just a few publishers, but since we have such a diverse group here, I thought I'd use the 6 degrees of separation method! I'm working on a project that can create significant income (at no cost or risk) for any websites that have high traffic volume, but I'm focusing on the auto/racing category. Any info is greatly appreciated. :-)

Hey guys! Do any of you know anyone who works for/with any of the magazines like Grassroots Motorsports or other auto/racing related publications? I'm trying to get to the marketing guys, but any direct contact with someone who works for any of them would be great.

Have you thought about just looking at the staff listing that's printed in just about every magazine? Generally, there is a phone number listed for all staff positions and frequently an email address. Then you do a little "cold calling". Make sure you have your proposal organized and a presentation packet ready to fax or mail. Have fun!

Dennis

Oh, I have no problem with cold calls and have found some names & contact info. I figured with all the "car guys" I'm connected with, it never hurts to put some "feelers" out to possibly save time & make it easier to get in touch with the right person. When dealing with the online division of a publication, different people are typically in charge of that stuff. Just part of the change from hardcopy to digital, I'd say. :) Thanks.