HybridZ

Tension Rod Installation

I am trying to get the front suspension back together on my 240 and do not know the sequence or proper direction of the various bushings and washers on the tension rod. The car had some after market urathane bushings kit on it but I want to install OEM rubber bushings. I have all of the parts but was wondering if someone had a good photo of a stock setup I could refer to. The drawing in the shop manual is not much help. Does the bulge in the large washer go in or out? Where does the small washer go? Between the rod and 1st large washer as shown in various parts catalogs or under the nut?

Thanks.

The large washer that goes on first should fit the threaded portion and not go beyond same. If you are talking about the outter flange of the large washer it should go toward the rubber cushion. The smaller washer goes under the retaining nut.

I have seen photos and drawings that show the installation a number of different ways like shown in the attached photo. If I am reading your post correct, I want to install the tension rod the same as configuration number 1. Is this correct?

TensionRod2.jpg

Thanks.