HybridZ

Radiator information needed

Ron240zxt

Hello, need some help or advice :confused:

Ok let me explain what has happened. About Two weeks ago i blew out a headgasket in my Z White Smoke everywere. It really sucked. I resently Changed my head gasket to a 1mm SCE Copper Gasket. Had my new head Checked for straightness everything was cool..Old head was torn up. Refilled Radiator. Car runs smooth First off it was smoking alittle out the tail pipe assumed it was old stuff burning off from headgasket failure. Drove home car ran nice no more smoking. I still havent hooked up my radiator overflow yet. so when i got home my raditor for some reason thrown up all over the place. Refilled the radiator and drove to work today. Raditor once again thrown up....Augh sucks I removed my cap to find crudd floating through out the radiator. Ill flush it out tomorrow. Looked like mud. Im assuming its stuff from when the first head blew. The average temp the car ran at down the freeway was like 156* Thats with out the electric fan on.

Question Does the radiator suppose to pressurize (oops bad spelling) or hold pressure in the hoses why the engine is off? My hose is pressurize thats why im asking... Thanks for any help or suggestions on cleaning out the system ...

Ron

Your cooling system pressurizes when the engine is running. If you fill it up when it is cold as the coolant heats up it expands and with out an over flow there is no where for the coolant to go but out of the system. Eventually you will loose enough to cause over heating, Not to mention leaking toxic antifreeze on the ground. Overflow bottle are easily availible and are required to maintain an effective cooling system. You may also want to do a pressure test on your system to check for any leaks or bleed down indicating a leak you can't see (such as a heater coreor internal leak in the engine) also be sure to pressure test your cap the rating should be on the cap itself. Rick