HybridZ

77 280z CA smog question

hi guys,

there is a new part of the Ca smog test that checks vapor pressure from the tank. they take your gas cap out and put this cap on that has a pressure line going to the test recorder. he pinched off a line from the carbon canister or thereabouts before testing. engine is tight and runs great. passed all parts of test except this portion. does anyone know what type lines come out of the tank...i believe there are 3 coming out of the tank from the upper/side front side that look completely shot. i've tried finding them on the net with no luck so i'm hoping to be able to make the lines and clamp them in or any suggestions are welcomed.:willy_nil

Hi, I pulled a 76 280 gas tank and there is a black metal vapor tank behind the side speaker panel under the passenger side of the hatch. To replace these hoses from the vapor and gas tank you will have to drop your gas tank somewhat to do so. Maybe 77 is different than a 76 though.

I believe that you will have to get atleast 2 different sizes. The smaller is 3/8" if I remember correctly and you should be able to get that fuel line at any auto parts store but the larger fuel line you will have to probably get it at a hose specialty shop. Do not buy heater hose as the gas fumes will break them down at some point. And while your at it you will want to replace the hoses going to your pump while you are at it back there if needed. For some reason the fuel hoses at the pump are much better quality than the fuel vapor ones.

Get out of Commiefornia.

whoa dude .. CA is beautiful and full of non-eastern cool people. say hello to canada from all you cold people who experience cold start valve failure often. say hello to Malibu, Carmel and Huntington beaches where fun is in the sun baby.