HybridZ

Sun tachs?

Guest bang847

Guest bang847

Just need a opinion... I want to get a quicker tach but not willing to dish out the bucks... any one use sun tachs? are they of reasonable quality? I dont need anything fancy (got a auto trans) frown.gif

Sun Tachs are fine. In the years before all the aftermarket gauge craze, SunPro was all that people had. They've been around the longest and will work just as good as any Autometer or VDO.

I had one in my old 2.3L Ranger for years and never had any problems. Even had a neat little shift light built into it. Of course, it wasn't very impressive seeing the tach only go up to 4200 RPM. But that was the motor's fault, not Sun Pro's.

cheers.gif

-Andy

Speaking of gauges, I got some autometer gauges last summer (oil,temp,volt) but I put off buying my other gauges till now (boost,fuel,oil temp) I just got back from the store to learn that the price has gone way up! That's life I guess, but it's the reason that really ticks me off. You see last summer I had them ordered from a warehouse in Canada. Well I guess the government watch-dogs realized that they were distributing a product that only had english labels! malebitchslap.gif

of course in Canada this is a sin! So now these gauges have to come directly from the states. What does this mean to a Canadian? Well, what it always means... BEND OVER and pay on the US dollar! I wish they never would have started that whole bi-lingual country crap, it only screws over our economy! :mad: