HybridZ

Gas tank question! Help needed!

auxilary

So today I yanked out the gas tank on my 240 so I could replace the cracked fuel lines and such. I've pulled datsun tanks before, so this wasn't a complicated procedure. However, the complication came that the tank i've removed before had new lines and mounts, not everything being 30 years old as it is on my car.

My fuel lines were so gone and dry that they stuck to the metal pipes on the gas tank. When I pulled out, I noticed that one of the return line (i think that's it) metal connectors could somewhat freely travel up and down a little bit. It looks like a somewhat tight seal, but I'm uncertain. Does anyone know if I need to get this welded, or if this is normal? The other one doesn't move, but it looks like a swivel was integrated into the design...unless it's a rivet-style plug that came loose? Someone help me out and hopefully save me money! (being unemployed is showing its limitations).

I've included a picture with detailed outlines of what's going on... copy/paste url into a browser window, imagestation doesn't allow direct linking.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid5/p8990e713ac725c5e8bbdcab0516a8ba7/fde2af09.jpg.orig.jpg

pardon the gas tank being filthy...the picture was shot 5 minutes after i took it out of the car. thanks a lot!