HybridZ

I'm a NEWBIE and needs info..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all, just like what the subject says. I'm new in this forum and in Z cars. I wanted a 280ZX before, but I ended up in old school toyotas. I have a starlet that's going on thru a 4AG swap, and 2 AE86.

Anyway, I crashed one of my corolla, and I decided to sell it and use that money to buy a Z car, but I have few questions since I don't know anything about them.

Please respond co'z I'm really interested.

I live in CALI so SMOG is a big issue therefore I want a Z car that's 73 or older to be exempt..

I saw this site (Tony's Performance Import Garage) and I thought that his silver 240Z w/ 7mGTE was really clean.. And now I'm thinking of getting a 240Z..

So here are my questions:

What years does 240Z was made?

What are the differences in horsepower, body style, trim, weight?

Are the aftermarket parts for STOCK motor easy to get ahold-off?

Is the stock 240Z engine reliable?

What motors do Z owners usually swap their stock motors with? Cheap ones but has great potential..

What's the price range of a 240Z now a days?

Thanks a lot in advance.. I really really appreciate all the answers..

thanks

niM

you can email me at nimdivino06@attbi.com (06=zero six)

Welcome Nim, First off the 240z was offered from 1970 until 1973, 260z's in 1974 then 280's until I believe 1984. The 240 are lightest especially 1970-71. 240's can be had from 100 bucks up to 10k or more. Depends on condition and mods already in place.

You mentioned check power source well small block chevy or ford comes to mind but also stock 2.4,2.6,2.8, turbo can be made to fly. Grand national buick motor..Do not know if they are cheap? SBC 350/383 are the cheapest I would guess. Anyway part for these cars are redily available thru wrecking yards and MSA, Courtesy Nissan and of course thru the Guys here.

Dont think I touched all the bases so do a search theres mucho info on this site!!

zfan..Mike 2thumbs.gif

niM,

Start your reseach here: Internet Z Car Club Carl has created the most comprehensive site on the the history of the Z car. You'll also want to check out: The 240Z Club and: ZCar.com and: ZDriver. Parts sources are: Z Parts, Motorsport Auto, and both Ross Corrigan and Mike Kelly from this site sell high performance suspension and brake systems for the 240Z.