HybridZ

Some random ZX questions, mostly aftermarket stuff

Speed Star

I'm getting ready to get my Datsun off the jackstands it's been sitting on for the last few months but I wanted to throw some questions out there about a few aftermarket parts I've been wondering about before I take a chance and buy them.

1) Will the Cusco front strut bar fit on a Z with a 4 barrel carb conversion?

2) Will 16x8+0 wheels have any chance of fitting stock suspension?

3) How well do Corbeau Forza seats fit in our cars or are there any other companies that make brackets for the 280ZX?

4) Does anyone have a picture of a Motorsport Auto Rollbar/Harness Bar installed?

I've searched around but I haven't found any solid answers or pictures are just not showing up. Thanks, and when I get the car finished and washed up I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and videos.

1) I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it will fit if you turn it "backwards". You'll get at least 1 inch more forward clearance. I think the choice of air filter will play a big role.

2) They will fit (barely) those will have 4.5" backspacing, which is considered minimum clearance before the rim will hit the strut tube (or tire hitting the lower spring perch)

3) My Sparco Milano seats are a bit too wide. Not sure about Corbeau's. Doesn't MSA sell them and the brackets? I asked Sparco if they made brackets to fit an S130, and they didn't. Six months later, they did so I have those installed.

4) No pic, but I know somone that has them installed in his ZXR. They are the same ones that fit the S30 (I have an Autopower in my 260Z). The bolt only to the forward part of the wheel well. You'll have to cut the interior panels with a hole larger than the tubing, since you have to clear the mounting flange.

-hughdogz