HybridZ

reads 7psi on gauge but 5 on computer

MaTTSuN

i have an autometer boost gauge and it reads 7 psi when i boosting full the gauge is hooked up at the back of the manifold

the vacume line for the MAP sensor for the megasquirt is hooked up closer to the throttle body

when i was driving around yesterday the computer showed 5.5psi then dropped slowly at 4k rpm but the auto meter still showed 7psi

which one should i go by?

i know my exauste has some leaks at the head to manifold but this is silly

Just for an experiment I would connect both lines to a tee at the same spot and see what they read. Then I would go with the megasquirt reading. My cheap boost gauge is not accurate, it reads about 3 psi different than megasquirt. It does not point at zero when the car is off.

i was looking at my autometer gauge while boosting yesterday and its boost falls off after 4k rpm .... maybe im getting boost leak from the waste gate. i know i have some exauste leaks at the manifold but i dont think thats it because it always dilivered power like this.... any thoughts?