HybridZ

DIGITAL DASH

BAlford

I have a 1982 280ZX with a Chev. 350, it was a show car on the audio circut so the wiring was buchered. We removed "all" of the audio and original wiring. I wanted to go back with a digital dash so I bought a wiring harness and all electronic components from a 1983 280ZX. Most ov the installuation has went well everything seems to work, including the new audio.

A light green wire with a white goes from the back of the tach to a resistor. From the resistor a blue wire runs to the distributor on the 350 eng.

Qustion #1. Where is the resistor located?

Question #2. Will the existing resistor work. The JTR manual says to use a 15K resistor, does this replace the original resistor.

If you have information on this please respond.

See my car

waskomtexas@waskomtexas.com

Guest greimann

I can see from other threads and from your e-mail that this is a perplexing problem for several members. All I can offer is that my '79ZX hookup does not use the stock dropping resistor inbetween the HEI and the analog tach. I tuned the sweep of the tach needle with the potentiometer on the back of the instrument using another V8 tach as a reference.

Does your digital tach have anything on the back of it that looks like a potentiometer?