HybridZ

turned the key,engine didn't stop!?

hiromino

hi. last night i drove back from work. when i got home i turned the key to stop the car. however, what happned was the key turned but the engine didn't stop. and i couldn't turn the key back,the key turns clockwise but as if i am trying to start the car(to run starter). so i had to disconnect the battery in order to stop the car. i can start the car just connecting the battery and starting the starter. i don't know how to explain this situation. anyone had similar experience?

Guest Anonymous

Your ignition switch maybe shot or froze up. If you have access to another ignition switch- Try it and see if it works properly. IF NOT- Disconnect the wiring harness terminal to the ignition switch and "hot wire" the ignition wireing. Connecting the right two of the five wires will turn the ignition on and a third wire when momentarily touching the connected "on" will engage the starter. I always keep a spare ignition switch for emergencies.