HybridZ

Radiator support holes.

Guest zfan

Hey Guys, I got a question re: 3 large holes on either sides of the radiator. What are they for. They are pretty large and would seem to defeat the purpose of sealing your radiator off from airflow leaks around edges?

Anyway has anyone blocked them off? If so did you notice cooling temp changes? Did under hood temp go up?

Sorry for so many questions but I am very curious as to their usefulness!

Thanks, Mike bonk.gif

Guest Anonymous

The area on each side near the fender has a duct for interior air. There is also some down from those and in further. I'm assuming there were to reduce the pressure build up once its going down the road, it would probably build up some pressure if all the air had to come through the radiator, who knows, buffeting,lightening, weird noises, any of them could be the reason they were designed in there. That of course is a guess, they seem to make nice holes for intercooling although I doubt that was they're original plan. smile.gif

Of course I didn't think the designers plan was to asphixiate the occupents of the early Z car either, but they seemed to have designed it that way. (aw, what we go through to for a good looking body style)... :D

Regards,

Lone