HybridZ

70z seat belt anchor points.

zgeezer

I've lost two of my anchor points.

I have an late '70 tub and I cannot locate all the seat belt anchor points. There are anchor points on the inside door sills behind and outside each seat. There are two other anchors located just above each 1/4 window. However, I can't locate the third anchor points that, in my 72 parts car are located on the transmission tunnel alongside and low on the inside of each seat. Does anyone know if early series I Zs used an unusual way to anchor the inside portion of the lap belt? I've sprayed a lot of POR 15 and primer on this tub, but not so much as to hide a 16mm bolt hole. What am I missing? Should I look again b/4 the beer?

Guest bang847

I dont know how to answer your question... The 70 model Z's werent all compeletely the same.. I have a early (jan) and a late (dec) 70's Z.. The early one doesnt even have shoulder belts.. the late one has non-retractable belts.. The late one is like this.. trans tunnel for the lap buckle... the door side lap belt is right in front of the wheel-well.. the top shoulder belt is about 4 inches above the strut cap...

Guest bang847

oops... didnt answer your question.. the inside point is under that plate that holds the center console with 2 holes... I just measured it.. about 8 inches from the last bolt on your e-brake handle... then look down.. there it is.. the bolt when inserted points at the differential... Hope that helps...