HybridZ

16x8 zero offset, 16x7 +15 tire size Question

Looks good. How do you attach the lid to the spare tire well or is it attached to a bottom? Most enclosures I've seen are glassed into the spare tire well. It looks like you used a single piece of MDF or equivalent which is the route I was investigating.

Thanks for the pictures.

Looks good. How do you attach the lid to the spare tire well or is it attached to a bottom? Most enclosures I've seen are glassed into the spare tire well. It looks like you used a single piece of MDF or equivalent which is the route I was investigating.

Thanks for the pictures.

You are right. MDF a bead of silocone and stainless steel sheetmetal screws. The lid does not have to attempt to hold the kind of presures a sealed box does. It needs to be solid of course but due to the ports there is much less presure trying to blow the top off.

Good luck from a fellow KTM owner, 2005 525 EXC.

i dont see too many z's with fender mirrors besides the shows also. i rarely see anyone around with fender mirrors on the street, how can it look the same as everyone else when everyone else doesnt wanna pay for fender mirrors? lol. that is new though, having the fender mirrors mounted in the regular...im looking for some fender mirrors at the moment! i can really put those to use...eheheh.

I got mine from a guy that is frequently on ebay with 240z parts that are hard to find in America. He is in Thailand and goes by Gira777 Shipping can be expensive so remember to calulate that into your bid. Shipping took about two weeks. Black is proper on a Fairlady, Chrome of the same style came on other cars. The black ones are harder to get a hold of.

wow!! love the attention to details :)

how did u get Carbon Fiber bumpers?

Fender mirrors looking good too ;)

good job with the rear sub-frame

Thank for the complements, I guess I will need to do my own post with start to finish photos that show some of the detail work that is not visable from the larger pictures.

The Bumpers came from Motorsport Auto in Orange Ca. Not the best quality but they did fit and they were needed to finish off the car.

Hay! Love the 350Z in action, especally the smoke from the rear tires. You know what they say "smokem if you can". Your car looks great and awsome photo.