HybridZ

16x8 zero offset, 16x7 +15 tire size Question

It's close, it depends on your ride height and suspension travel. I have used 16x8 with +12 offset, and 245/45/16 tires on my car. With 275 rear springs and 5 1/2" ride height at the rear of the rockers, I had only very minimal rub, but any lower would have rubbed badly. There is also some variance in different tires of the same size, so that is also a factor. With the zero offset on the rear, you're going to have to stay pretty close to stock height to prevent any rubbing. I also rolled the lips on my rear fenders pretty heavily.

Lots of variables, no set answer.

jt

These are BBS 16x8 - 0 offset with Bridgestone 225-50-16. The lips are rolled in front and I ground the rear lips to the spot welds. The stock front valence was not usable, as when the tires were turned they would be 0.030 in. from touching the valence. The valence shown on the car works fine. The front wheels have a 3/8 in. spacer used for caliper clearence not tire clearence. 225-45-16 would fit my car fine with either valence. I have struts, not coil overs. Everything is close but nothing rubs under any condition. Be careful with tire brands they are not all what they say they are. The TireRack.com has great information online about each tire under tire specs. You can see the measurement and variations amoung like size tires.

P1004142_thumb.jpg

P1004141_thumb.jpg

17053_thumb.attach

310z, Is that stock ride height or do you have lowering springs?

I purchased the springs 23 years ago. The car has been on jackstands most of the past 23 years until I finished a bare metal restoration that I finished 4-23-09 just in time to get to the MSA show. The springs are Tokico touring springs, (that stated like most preformance springs) they will lower the car 1 to 1.5 in. As I recall the car was a full 1.5 in. lower after first installing the springs. Then I realized that camber kits were a nessary part of the lowering process.

There are some pictures in the photo section here on this web site.

Sence you asked and this is your thred I will post a few pictures. The motor is a Pettersen Motorworks 3100cc with Weber DCOE 45, E88 head with extensive work done to it, TMW intake, 10.2 CR, custom carbon fiber air box, Jacobs electronic ignition.

17160_thumb.attach

P1004144_thumb.jpg

17162_thumb.attach

that is one clean z. i say put those fender mirrors on the fender!!!

Then it would look like all the others. Wanted to do something different. Something people don't see at every show. These are the mirrors American cars should have gotten. In the place American mirrors are placed, on the doors.

They look great on the fenders also. Thanks for the complment and your opinion.

i dont see too many z's with fender mirrors besides the shows also. i rarely see anyone around with fender mirrors on the street, how can it look the same as everyone else when everyone else doesnt wanna pay for fender mirrors? lol. that is new though, having the fender mirrors mounted in the regular...im looking for some fender mirrors at the moment! i can really put those to use...eheheh.

Off-topic, but nice subwoofer setup. I am going to do the same here shortly, though with a single, sealed 8 or 10-in.

Well as this page has gone off topic I will give more on the subs. I was going to use a sealed box at first. Then a friend from Custom Works called Polk Auido and told them were the box would go and what we were working with. The folks at Polk said you already have a sub enclosier (the spair tire well). If you try to seal it, it wont work. So porting the box was the best option. Polk informed us of exactly how long to make the tubes and what diameter. The ported encloiser also produces more volume per watt whish makes the system more efficent, so I have read. There does need to be damping materal placed on the walls of the spair tire well, see pictures, a Dynamat product and it is expensive. But it does sound great and it is easer to build than a sealed box in that spot for the Z.

17288_thumb.attach