HybridZ

camaro radiator install

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm getting ready to do the camaro radiator instal, however I was just told by the chevy dealer today that the bushings and upper radiator bracket for the 84 have been discontinued.

I already have the JTR lower bracket but am somewhat stuck at this point. I need bolt on so the options with custom fabrication and welding are out.

In the posts I searched through people mentined getting the upper bracket at summitracing, but all I find there are 2 to choose from and they are both listed as pre 80 vehicles.

Anyone have part#'s or more info on the parts, both stock chevy and summit?

thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Trevor

Guest Anonymous

All '82-'92 Camaros/Firebirds are the same "F" body car. That same part will mostly likely be available on a newer year car.

ta,

I used the cowling and fan from a camaro which has the rubber pads that hold the rad at the top incorporated in it. I just drilled some holes in the top of the radiator mount panel of the Z and mounted it. Holds it very firmly. Think I have pics on my site.

Tim

I don't have that radiator but... I used some aluminum strap that was welded to look sort of like an F. For pads I used the S-10 pads the JTR book talks about. Those are SWEET and made of what looks like urethane. Cheap too ;)