HybridZ

tranny for a 350

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

what type of tranny do u guys think i should use on a rebuilt 350? im puting it into a 1972 240z. what do u guys suggest? i want to put a manual. u guys think i should use the th350 th400 or 700r4?

thanks alot

Those are all automatics, not manual transmissions like you stated that you wanted. So, if you want a manual tranny, go with a T56 if you can afford it, or go with the World Class T5.

If you want an automatic transmission, go with the 700R4 or the 200R4.

Anything else will probably bring you headaches.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

how much do u think a t56 would run me in $$$

im on a sorta tight budget because im only a student and this is just a project that me and my dad are working on.

thanks alot

Guest Anonymous

Ummm, if budget is tight, a T56 isn't the most economical way to go... Depends on the deal, but most are scoring them from anywhere between 1000 to 1700 and then you have to add a special flywhere if your running a block earlier than 1986 for another 260.00 . A 700r or 200r auto tranny would be cheaper, a WC T5 5 spd manual would be cheaper to, probably 3-700 (depends on its condition..). The automatics, even beefed up newly rebuilt about 1200 with converter. Just some ballpark figures, your deals may vary... icon_smile.gif

Good luck with it,

Lone

Ps: If you havn't gotten it yet, get the JTR manual, its basically the Z swappers bible.

it depends on where you want to drive, if youre mostly in towner like MUNCIE 4 spd all the way, makes you feel like a man when you line the synchros just right and get that bang shift action going on, and you can get muncies for like 100 each from the boneyards, and the same bellhousing and hydraulics work with the dougnash t-10's and the infamous doug nash five speed, which is identical to the richmond five speed, which may be my next bang box of choice....economical(well, not on gas, but if you have a v8 you most likely threw that notion out the window anyway) and tough as nails, wide ratio boxes so you have the lowest first gear known to man for the launch into second rubber everytime, you could put money on it.

my current setup is 327/m21/z28racing diaphram clutch-this clutch costs 156.00 with flywheel and grabs harder than a dual friction centerforce, all day, hasnt burned on me yet....remember this too, when a tranny is both cheap and tough, theres more money in the budget for tires!

Leonard

rock crusher-i broke that

mustache bar-i broke that too, right down the middle baby.