HybridZ

Newbie learning curve.

jasper

I think some replies to the first posts of the very green, and very new, could be a bit less harsh.

I was one. This was the first forum I've ever joined. I had absolutely NO IDEA how it all worked. Much less, the expected etiquette of this particular forum. And I know a great deal about cars.

Reading all the rules does not make you a proficient poster.(just as reading the drivers manual wouldn't make you a good driver)

Some guys need a little practise on their first posts.

After a few misplaced/inapproprate/never searched posts......I started to get the hang of it. (with the help of some pointed suggestions) I also started to observe how it all functioned/flowed.

So, I think a little less hostility, and a bit more guidance to the deserving would be a good idea........This does not apply to repetitive morons who can't take a hint/suggestion........

My idea: Make a "Hybrid Z Quiz"

Before you are approved as a member you should have to answer some easy questions like, "Will an L28ET fit in an S30" "How much HP can an R200 Handle" etc

That will solve several problems - it will teach people how to search, get the people acquainted with the site, and answer the specific questions that are asked over and over.

I'll agree that some of the replies are harsh, and that the quiz thing would probably come off as 'Nazi-ish," but it makes sense to me.