HybridZ

power steering on a L24?

buy spare s30 cross member, buy front mounted power steering rack of your choice, fabricate mounts to mount the rack, make/adapt tie rods to fit the rack and the stock steering arm, make power steering lines and mount a power steering pump.

you also need to research it, its been done more times then i care to remember.

Same response since no changes are made to the ackerman angle. It just makes everything easier. My only concern would be too much sensitivity at higher speeds but that could be eased with reduced operating pressure overall. I've got a Suby rack in the garage that has been modified for use in my 240Z. It's just a matter of getting around to installing it.

We are installing one of the under dash, power assist steering units in Clint's 280Z down at the shop. We are doing a step by step (with pics) on how to install it. It is variable assist and may be the answer. Should know shortly.

i was thinking about doing that. inform me when your done with that. also tell me how the response is. thanks

thats what i was thinking. wouldnt it help also just installing one of these then just run a pump and wah..la?

I have no idea how they work or how to install one, but there was one of those with the sweet power steering rack and it didnt take much to turn it with 12" slicks and a 2:1 steering quickener.

Same response since no changes are made to the ackerman angle. It just makes everything easier. My only concern would be too much sensitivity at higher speeds but that could be eased with reduced operating pressure overall. I've got a Suby rack in the garage that has been modified for use in my 240Z. It's just a matter of getting around to installing it.

How does that affect he Johnson pitch of the Schweimann groove?

Yep, that's the one we are installing. Will give feedback when it's done.

Cool!!! I like to hear your opinion.

I also know this shop in Japan they put regular power steering from Corvette(Chevy). They must have done some work on the cross member, somehow....... Anyone has done soemthing like that?

JDM

www.jdm-car-parts.com