HybridZ

Camaro Console

Tim240z

Ok, I've searched and searched, but I can't find any info on this.

I have heard of someone (maybe LoneStar1?) using a Camaro center console in place of the datsun one. Anyone have details on which Camaro (yr/model) and maybe some pics of what it looks like mounted in the Z?

Tim

I got a 99 camaro console for my car - stole the idea from LoneStar1. I did a trial fit. It's a sconch wide, but it looks like it'll fit right in there. I'm also using the shifter, so, it may have to be trimmed in order to fit fore/aft correctly. I think for the shifter, I may need to cut a big hole in the tunnel. For the actual console, I plan to just drill holes and get some long screws.

BTW, guys on LS1.com and some other camaro boards are always either selling stuff offa parts cars or their own cars after they wreck them. That's how I got mine.

Holy crap. Thanks for the heads up. I just mucked around with the DNS settings (to add http://svt.jeromio.com since I just got a contour svt). I guess I messed something up.

I don't have any pictures - I only did a test fitting. I think that at worst, I may have to cut off the rear cup holder (which is meant for non-existent rear seat passengers anyway) if it has to slide back to make the shifter fit. But it'll then butt up against the rear cargo deck, so, there won't need to be any prettying up of the cut off part.

Guest zphreek

i have been looking for a more modern console for my 72z and i would be very interested in this swap. is this the only one people have done? also how good does it line up with the dash? thanks