HybridZ

P90A vs. P90 compression Test

JSM

If it had been sitting for a while the rings might have gotten stuck and by running it you likely loosened them.

I would agree, however, the consistancy does not make sense. I could see getting 30 PSI on some cyl and more or less on others, but not across the board if it were ring releated.

After I got my sitting Z going the compression went up in all cylinders. Compression was about 90psi in 2-6 and 150 psi in cylinder one before startup. I forgot how much it went up by but every cylinder benefitted. It very well may have been that all your rings were simply stuck in their grooves until you finally fired up and ran it.

After I got my sitting Z going the compression went up in all cylinders. Compression was about 90psi in 2-6 and 150 psi in cylinder one before startup. I forgot how much it went up by but every cylinder benefitted. It very well may have been that all your rings were simply stuck in their grooves until you finally fired up and ran it.

Hydraulic lifters as well?