HybridZ

LS1 Coils

shnikees

Hi,

I'm in the final stages of assembling my megasquirt v3 with the MS2 cpu. I have the LS1 coils and I'm going to be running wasted spark. I've seen several bits of conflicting information on wither they are 5v pull up or fire from ground. Is there an easy way to test the coils before I finish the megasquirt assembly? My dad has several scopes and I can borrow one if need be.

Thanks

Morgan

• Administrators
Hi,

I'm in the final stages of assembling my megasquirt v3 with the MS2 cpu. I have the LS1 coils and I'm going to be running wasted spark. I've seen several bits of conflicting information on wither they are 5v pull up or fire from ground. Is there an easy way to test the coils before I finish the megasquirt assembly? My dad has several scopes and I can borrow one if need be.

Thanks

Morgan

Morgan,

Have you seen this thread linked below? It is in the stickies of the MS section?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120533

He has been scope testing the LSx coils while under MS control... :wink:

Heya Paul,

i have seen that the only thing is he is using his tec3 to contol the coils, I dont have my MS unit built yet to do be able to do that so I'm wondering if there is a "low tech" method of firing the coils until I can finish my MS unit.

Thanks