HybridZ

N42/N47 compatibility

So the L26 in my 260 has a bad motor and I was going to swap it with an L28. I have a N47 motor that I'm going to put in but the intake/fuel delivery is somewhat beat up, I have a good intake/fuel delivery system on an N42 head motor. Can I use the intake system off of an N42 motor on an N47 motor or are they incompatible? Also the N42 motor has headers on it,would it be possible to swap those over as well?

Yes they all bolt up and the head is what determines the intake and exhaust not the block. Just keep it carbs and add the headers and that will make a BIG difference! Enjoy!

That's what I meant by the N42/N47, sorry should have clarified that, those are the heads on the two motors I know they had different intake/exhaust ports so I wasn't sure if the stuff would bolt up the same. Why would you say keep the carbs?

Less to swap (ECU, harness ect...) If it (L26) ran good just do a little tuning on your carb L28 and your good to go! The exhaust ports are usually square (P90 excluded and some N47) if your header has square ports and your head matches just get a new gasket and don't worry about the EFI for now just get it running. If you want to swap that in later it wont be too hard.

Here is a thread about the heads.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129066

Good luck.