HybridZ

cd deck removal

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

72 240

Stupid question but i still need help with it .. i removed the middle console but now i do not now how to get at the deck for removal .. could someone help =( heeh im great with engines but when it comes to interior crap leave me out of it =(

Well, this definitely aftermarket unless Datsun had the technology way back then!

Was it shop installed or by the owner (previous)?

When you say middle console, I am imagining the trapeziodial AC panel.

Look in the back for some L-shaped brackets bolted to the deck and to something nearby. It could also be bolted to the back of that AC panel, or the wires could simply be pulled tite. There are usually also tabs on the sleeve that holds the deck (imagine a pullout radio) that fold in so the entire unit cannot be removed.

Hope this helps.

Owen

Guest Anonymous

alot of aftermarket decks have "keys" that your local car audio shop would have. our shop would pull it for free if the car is driveable ( you gotta get it to the shop) some shops would lend you the keys im sure. otherwise youd need to pull the center piece of the dash (with hvac controlls) and bent the holding tabs down like owen posted