HybridZ

I got my new Aluminum heads!

dr_hunt: I read the link to your post regarding Sanderson Headers. Apparently those that used them mod'd their steering shaft due to custom fabbed engine mounts. Have a JTR mounts for my 240Z and would like NOT to have to mod the steering shaft. Would really like 1 3/4" primary tube headers as the opening area is slightly greater than the ports on my AFR 195 heads with angle plugs.

Do you know which Sanderson Headers will fit without 240Z steering shaft mod, JTR engine mounts and AFR 195 angle port heads? The AFR 195 heads have square exhaust ports measuring 1.4 x 1.5". It is not clear from the posting what the appropriate conclusion should be. Please advise. Thanks.

dr_hunt: I read the link to your post regarding Sanderson Headers. Apparently those that used them mod'd their steering shaft due to custom fabbed engine mounts. Have a JTR mounts for my 240Z and would like NOT to have to mod the steering shaft. Would really like 1 3/4" primary tube headers as the opening area is slightly greater than the ports on my AFR 195 heads with angle plugs.

Do you know which Sanderson Headers will fit without 240Z steering shaft mod, JTR engine mounts and AFR 195 angle port heads? The AFR 195 heads have square exhaust ports measuring 1.4 x 1.5". It is not clear from the posting what the appropriate conclusion should be. Please advise. Thanks.

Not sure, they fit in my z ok.

Ok, well, it runs now. The heads work very well, I am impressed. The cam isn't all that nasty sounding, but it's lumpy. I expected more sound for a .507/.525 lift and 1.6 rockers on the intakes/1.5 on the exhaust for a total at valve .540/.525 lift numbers. Idles fine in gear at 700 rpm and has great throttle response. The heads are a pretty good deal. I got mine fixed for $100 which was one new guide, new intake seat, 4 new valves, re-cutting the seats, refacing the valves and all back together.

About all I can say is that if you have them checked out, it's a good deal IMO. Oh, BTW I'm running a 3500 stall converter.