HybridZ

Odd ??: I Only want front brakes - 83 280Zxt

JSM

The rear brakes are absolute trash and I dont want to spend any money on the car.

Can I simply block off the main line from the MC going to the rear and have just front brakes only? Is there a simpler way?

I got the motor running in this parts car and now I want to see if the trans is any good. I'd like to keep the trans as a spare.

Don't crimp or smash the hard line. You might burst it and that would create more problems cause you'd have no brakes at all and you might want to use the brake line at a later date. Just get some vice grips and crimp the flex lines to the wheels and then just tie them up out of the way with plastic zip ties. ;) Old school line locker setup for burnouts. :flamedevi

Don't crimp or smash the hard line. You might burst it and that would create more problems cause you'd have no brakes at all and you might want to use the brake line at a later date. Just get some vice grips and crimp the flex lines to the wheels and then just tie them up out of the way with plastic zip ties. ;) Old school line locker setup for burnouts. :flamedevi

There are no rear soft lines! The soft lines have rotted away and the hard lines are rusted tight. (I already snapped a rear hard line.)

I have no title and the car is a rust bucket. She will be cut up...

How have you got any brake pressure at all to the front then if you don't have any lines to the rear? The whole system is connected.

I don't.

The front barely dribbles out, the rear was doing nothing until I realized the soft lines were off. I was trying to bleed the whole system and couldn't figure out why no fluid was moving to the rears.

How have you got any brake pressure at all to the front then if you don't have any lines to the rear? The whole system is connected.

Please explain what you mean when you say the whole system is connected? Typically the front and rear circuits are isolated from each other (even when they share the same reservoir).

Nigel

'73 240ZT