HybridZ

idle up solenoid for Holley?

pparaska

I had a 70 Camaro that had one. Used to shut the trottle with the key off.

I need one that'll work with my Holley 1850. I need it to bump the throttle plates open a bit when the A/C comes on.

Anybody ever seen an aftermarket kit to do that?

TIA,

hey pete,

it`s mark i bought your sidemarker lights.anyway

holley has the solenoid or you can do what i did and make one.get the bracket aftermarket or find one off of an old holley (it mounts at the two little holes next to the front bowl.)and get a solenoid off of a q-jet car with air and combined the two.

in my humble opinon your not going to like the performance of that 600 your better off with a 750 had one on a 283 woke it right up! ...mark

Thanks Mark. I'll look for a Holley part.

The problem is my 750 has some serious issues that I can't untangle at the moment. I may have someone more adept at Holleys check the 750 for me and teach me about what's wrong with it or the way it's set up.

I know it's only a computer program, but DD2000 shows only about 8hp loss with the 600 vs the 750, and the difference only begins to show at 5000 rpm, maxing at like 6400 rpm.

I too have heard that larger carbs than the old RPM*CID*VE/3456 equation tell you can be made to work fine and will make more power (up top). Anyway, different thread.