HybridZ

F31 leopard

the-sleeper-z31

I am a dedicated z car nut. i have 6 of them. then this thing.... the f31 uses the same vg30e engine as the n/a Z31, im using a 5 speed 87' Z31 trans, and a r200 diff. i believe it to be welded, it jumps when you turn. the rear diff is humming really bad, it sounds to be the pinion bearings. so here is my question....... is the r200 in my F31 the same spline and mounting as a Z31? and are they rebuildable after the bearings have been comprimised?

The M30 diff. is a little different in that it has a 3/4 inch longer pinion flange that has teeth for an ABS sensor that bolts on the nose of the diff housing.

The sensor won't bolt to any other housing but I have swapped a 280zx turbo flange onto one and it works fine.

Mine also makes noise and it seems the M30 version makes noise and fails far more often than any other R200.

I took M30 axles and they fit a 280zx except for the outer CV having a larger diameter flange....which means you would also need the flanges on the stub axles to go with the axle shafts if you want to mix and match them.

I'm not sure if they flanges are the same where they mount to the stub axle and you also have to worry about possibly messing up the bearings if you swap them.

http://forums.f31club.com/phpBB3/index.php