HybridZ

So i got bored and decided to shave my turbo compressior housing

jeffer949

So i got bored this afternoon and for one i ported my exhaust housing and then i started to strip the orangish coating on my holset. then i just kept going and shaved everything on it let me know what you think.

Before

DSC01014.jpg

and how it sits now. Im probably going to paint it some bright color because people are always like "Wheres the turbo!" lol

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

Nothing fancy but ehh it was fun and I made a huge mess of aluminum chips lol

lol actually i did most of the work with the scotch bright pad things on my die grinder. there is different grits. i did cut off the big boss where the valve went though and then cleaned it up with that big carbide bur you see in the pictures. then finished it off with the scotchbright pads. And i dont think im going ot polish it. Cause then ill just have to keep polishing it and ya i dont really want to do that.

Hey. "while your at it" Why don't you polish up the inside? I see some farily rough casting marks on the outlet side. I'm not saying to port it out, just polish it up a bit to reduce turbulent air flow. Might help a bit by reducing lag.

Ok its a bit anal, but hey you are the one that started polishing the thing.

Looks great by the way.

Scott.