HybridZ

fusible link upgrade

I have a question about the fusible link upgrades that are performed on these two write ups.

http://www.zcarcreations.com/howto/maxifuse.htm

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fusiblelinks/index.html

Now i have read these both and my only question is that i am going to be doing this on a 75 280z and those 2 were performed on a 77 and a 76.

Can i follow these and do as they did?

Because i noticed that the 75 only has one set of fusible links showing and the 76 and 77 both have two so im somewhat confused.

thanks in advance for anyones help

hey flatblack280 thanks for trying but i figured it out with the help of my buddy. I THINK i have it wired right. but if not ill come back here.

For anyone that has a 75 thats wanting to do this though ill tell you what i did.

I basically followed the instructions as stated in the atlanticz write up except it only involved 4 wires (2 red/white and 2 solid white wires.) I hooked the wires up as the guy told us in that write up and ran the power cable to the positive of the starter cable. (keep in mind i found a power distributor or whatever its called at my local audio shop since kragens/autozone doesnt carry them) I disregarded anything about using another set of fusible links and just mounted mine as is and my car actually runs smoother and idles better. ill make a better write up with pictures later when i can take pictures of it.

• 5 months later...

Reviving an old thread (new guy here).

I have a 75 280z with just the one fusible link. Would it be easier since I only have two fuses to cover to do inline fuse blocks? Then I don't have to run a new wire from the starter to the block. Then I just remove the fusible link, and run the white wires into one side, the striped wires into the other side. For only having to do two on my car it would be faster and easier.

Below is a sample pic, I got a local shop here that can get me two of these for less than 10 bucks. Then I throw a 40amp and 80amp fuse in there and am good to go.post-8628-12701448000183_thumb.jpg

Personally, I would go with the dual block and run the wire from the starter to it. The problem the fusible links has is getting the power back to the battery and the wire back to the starter helps insure that it does (I believe). If have the whole situation figured out correctly, then I believe if you run it without the wire from the starter, then it negates the purpose (for me anyways). Hope this helps.