HybridZ

Anyone cutting up an S30? (Need door jam/sill)

thrustnut

• Administrators

Exactly what portion of the door jamb area and how much of it? (pics would be ideal). I am scrapping a couple of my parts cars this weekend, one just happens to be a '77. If what I have will work for you, its yours free, but you have to make the drive over the mountain to Sandy to pick it up. :wink:

Here's a couple pictures of the damaged area and another piece I need. The area I would want cut out is the drivers side forward door sill from the lower hinge down to the scuff plate and from the edge where the door seal mounts (as close to it as possible) to about an inch into the door hinge area. The other piece is from the back of a 77 with the slanted up rear hatch area that covers the tail light area. Its the passenger side piece. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated. Hey Braap, that would be cool, but this weekend is pretty booked (my 30th B-day) so it would be a while befor I could get up there. I had a couple cam questions for you when you have some spare time also :):burnout:

Thanks again

door sill 001_thumb.jpg

door sill 002_thumb.jpg

door sill 003_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Thrustnut,

The ’77 was rusted EVERYWHERE including that location. We do have an late ’72 where that region is in good condition, not bent nor rusted. Phlebmaster and his daughter came out yesterday and tore into our parts cars getting them ready for scrap and he cut this section of the door jamb and section of rocker panel out of the ’72 shell for you. It’s yours FREE, but you have to come pick it up. :wink:

DSC_3703.jpg

DSC_3704.jpg

You are in luck. We are cutting up a beautiful 77 this week. It was a car that supposed to be turned into a 250 GTO but the commissioner of the project failed to make payment so the owner of the company that was building the car gave it to me. It has some cool 15" tires, great motor and 5sp plus an R200. I going to take the wheels and the perfect doors and give the rest to my friend who is stripping it. The car is from Texas and was a $7K car when it was disassembled to be rebodied. The door jams are excellent. I disassembled the car so I could get the fenders, hood and hatch(they are gone). Long story I know, but I want to make a point about the condition of the door jams. The car is a 77 and located here in San Diego.

You are in luck. We are cutting up a beautiful 77 this week. It was a car that supposed to be turned into a 250 GTO but the commissioner of the project failed to make payment so the owner of the company that was building the car gave it to me. It has some cool 15" tires, great motor and 5sp plus an R200. I going to take the wheels and the perfect doors and give the rest to my friend who is stripping it. The car is from Texas and was a $7K car when it was disassembled to be rebodied. The door jams are excellent. I disassembled the car so I could get the fenders, hood and hatch(they are gone). Long story I know, but I want to make a point about the condition of the door jams. The car is a 77 and located here in San Diego.

What about a piece about 6"X6" of the driver side rear fender infront of the tire, very bottom corner, also any chance you have a grill?

Email or PM

jtburf@swbell.net

Thanks

John