HybridZ

someday??

denny411

one of these days I`m gonna get an mga coupe, and build it as my next hybrid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1856258807[/url] http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1855900183

take look at these on ebay and tell me what you think. (maybe grand national drivetrain) ;)

I remember when I was a kid, and I saw one of these behind a body shop. I had the same feeling I got when I saw my first Z

Cool, Where have the auto body styliists gone?

I read once that in the 1960's a MGA with a Ford 260 or Chevy 283 was the "poor man's Cobra". I took that to mean it was a potential swap platform - before they became collectible sports car classics.

It would be great as long as you wanted to go real fast in a straight line. I think the suspension technlogy was on par with Conestoga. :confused:

Guest Anonymous

Forget the SBC swap and unless you want to really work at squeezing it in. The Austin Healey found a lot of homes for the 327 SBC but not the MGA. The GN drive train sounds like a natural. How would you upgrade the brakes or front suspension? My brother had the coupe which has the most interesting door handles because of the fixed top while the roadster had a pull cable on the inside door with 2 piece plexiglass slding windows

It does have a straight axle, so I`m sur one of the many popular rear disc conversions could be adapted. Or better yet, Use a cut down 8.8 rear from a thunderbird turbo coupe that came w/ disc. the front would be more "tricky" but I`m sure somthing could be fabbed up.

Guest Anonymous

How about one of those hot rod style Mustang II frontends (which maybe in the same width range as the MGA) everyone is using on the old hot rods to go with that t bird rear. I wanted an MGA really bad but settled for a MG Midget when I was a kid. Two of my brother's had one each and the 3rd brother had a lot of junk non running ones he sold parts to the other two brothers..

The mustangII front would work perfectly.My wife has a real nice 79 mgb that we picked up here in alabama. it had been stored in a womans basement since 85. In high school, my brother had a 67 midget.

This will be a project for "later". right now I have too many irons in the fire, and need to finish my Z first, and my chevelle, and the mg, and the corvair. twak.gif