HybridZ

Air Conditioning Question.

Guest silverbullet

Guest silverbullet

Hello all you Z-nuts,I was wondering if anyone has had any real A/C repair experience? I am getting ready to replace my heater core,hoses(and whatever else I find wrong :( )while I replace my A/C hoses and reciever/dryer. Now,my question is:should I get new hoses(very expensive!)or have new hoses made from the old ends(77-factory air)and when I do put the new A/C hoses on do I put some O-ring grease on the O-rings or A/C compressor oil or leave them dry? Any ideas would be appreciated :D

Spend the extra money and have new ends put on them. You'll just end up with a leaky system if you don't and it will cost you more in refrigerant than you saved. As far as the grease on the o-rings - ask the folks that are building up the hoses for you. I would be careful of using anything that isn't 100% compatible with your system so, at most, I'd opt for the compressor lubricant.

Guest Anonymous

If your using R134a theres a oil you can use on the o-rings, its the same oil thats put in the charge. My sanden compressor had a bit of oil in it from the factory I just wiped that down on the o-rings and then snugged them up, don't go crazy tightening them as it'll cut them. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Lone