HybridZ

Lots of questions..... kinda need help fast.. thanks

Guest ON3GO

here it goes.....

I need rims... the deal with me getting a set of 280zx rims to just throw on went south.

so i want those Enkie black mesh rims with the polished lip... anybody have a website for these rims?

i also need to find a set of coilovers for the car.

i dont know much about suspension parts...so please help.

also im getting a 6-point roll bar made for the car for 300 bucks... so should i get anything else to make the car stiff?

Should i replace all the bushings? if so where and what bushings do i need?

also do Sparco Torino seats fit in my small 240Z?

...more questions.....

where can i find a 200mph speedo? i just want one lol cuz i rather have one then a 160... i no autometer makes them but anybody have a site with a price.

I want Blitz BL gauges.. but im not sure if one of the two sizes fit in the three little holes on the dash. do they? http://www.blitz-na.com

also i will be using the 280zx turbo motor in the car... so what rear end should i get, and what parts needed for that motor swap do i need to get??!?!

if any more questions come to mind ill ask.

thanks guys

mike

Originally posted by ON3GO:

here it goes.....

I need rims... the deal with me getting a set of 280zx rims to just throw on went south.

so i want those Enkie black mesh rims with the polished lip... anybody have a website for these rims?

-----those rims have been out of production for a long time, junkyard of classified ads or garage sales for those, i got a set at a junkyard for 100.00 with tires, promptly anhialated the tires a pair at a time through the v8 meat grinder z.

i also need to find a set of coilovers for the car.

i dont know much about suspension parts...so please help.

----ross corigan of modern-motorsports.com has your back. good rates knowledgeble, and a z owner.

also im getting a 6-point roll bar made for the car for 300 bucks... so should i get anything else to make the car stiff?

Should i replace all the bushings? if so where and what bushings do i need?

----hell yeah you better do the bushings. 1.-its a 30year old car. 2. youre gonna beat the crap out of a 30year old and add power to it. best believe you should do the bushings.

also do Sparco Torino seats fit in my small 240Z?

---sure it will, should get a mounting kit though, and it will take surgery.

...more questions.....

where can i find a 200mph speedo? i just want one lol cuz i rather have one then a 160... i no autometer makes them but anybody have a site with a price.

-------autometer should have one.btw-ive never been

able to pin a 160 speedo with any motor, nerves and erodynamics.

I want Blitz BL gauges.. but im not sure if one of the two sizes fit in the three little holes on the dash. do they? http://www.blitz-na.com

also i will be using the 280zx turbo motor in the

------have no idea. for the three small guages its a 2 5/8 with a little mounting fab, easy. big ones its 5" inch.

car... so what rear end should i get, and what parts needed for that motor swap do i need to get??!?!

if any more questions come to mind ill ask.

thanks guys

----you dont need to swap rear ends, but it would be nice, because once again it sounds like youre going for the title. you can use the stock 240 driveshaft even. get a turbo car with extrememe body damage or mechanical damage, get it to run while its still intact, get it to run good, the better you get it to run, the easier troubleshooting the swap will be when complete. mechanically motor and trans will be in a day. efi wiring is pretty easy, i know a guy who uses the stock carbed fuel tank and has had no issues with it, but he never runs less than half a tank or so.

mike

Originally posted by ON3GO:

here it goes.....

I need rims...so i want those Enkie black mesh rims with the polished lip... anybody have a website for these rims?

You ain't gonna find them new, unless someone's got a 10 year old set hidden away on a shelf somewhere. As far as I know, no major wheel manufacturer makes a basketweave wheel that fits the Z anymore. You can go custom, or you can find a used set on E-bay. Or you can go with Honda rims and a set of spacers.

i also need to find a set of coilovers for the car. i dont know much about suspension parts...so please help... Should i replace all the bushings? if so where and what bushings do i need?

Talk to Ross Corrigan, and look at his site at Modern Motorsports. Conventional wisdom is that Z's respond REALLY well to replacing as much of the suspension rubber as possible with urethane pieces.

Depends on what you want to do with the car. If you're considering a cage, you're probably goin' racin! If so, you might want to consider welding additional structural elements under the car to replace the frame rails, which by this point have probably been pounded flat by previous owners. I've heard both good and bad points about strut tower braces (both front and rear), and since I don't have any experience with them, I'll let more experienced users chime in on them.

I got mine from Jegs. Good prices, for the most part.

Hmmm... I don't think so. If I recall, the gauges in the Z are 2 5/8", which is about 67mm. If that's so, neither size would fit without modifications.

also i will be using the 280zx turbo motor in the car... so what rear end should i get, and what parts needed for that motor swap do i need to get??!?!

You'll definitely want the R200 differential. Other than that, go to the Datsun L6 Performance section of the board, they'll probably be more able than I will to answer all your questions in this arena.

Good luck, and have fun!