HybridZ

280ZX Lowback leather seat reupholstery options

Ineptitude01

Well, I'm gonna stick a toe in the shark tank and say it.

I want to reupholster my stock 280ZX lowback seats.

*wince*

...Well, anyways, I've got that oh-so-special 82 Turbo package that has the two tone blue on silver scheme, inside and out. I love this color scheme dearly, and I'm endlessly amused by the idea that the dash is blue because the hood is blue, the door panels are silver on top and blue on the bottom, etc.

The seats are silver leather on the front face, and what must be blue vinyl on the rear. I don't have any good pictures right now, but they're really eaten up.

Oh, and yes, I know there are lots and lots of seats I could swap in, but then I would lose my sweet blue and silver theme. :(

The two options I were looking at were MSA's vinyl kit (not leather, but ~$300 and the right colors) or Zcarsource.com's leather kit ($600, probably right colors, leather).

Now, my big problem here is that these guys don't have ANY pictures.

Not a one.

I'm having a real hard time wanting to buy seats covers without knowing what the heck they look like.

I exchanged a number of frustrating emails with someone at MSA explaining that I just wanted to know if their vinyl seats looked at all like the leather ones, and *no*, I didn't want their leather seats, and *no*, I don't have vinyl seats.

So now I'm asking you all. Anyone used any of these kits? If you did, how was it? How do they compare to stock?

Alternatively, if someone just HAS this color combination for sale... :eek: