HybridZ

Freeze plug question

• Administrators

Major bummer sorry to hear this. sigh.gif

If one of the "core" plugs has a pin hole and is leaking, rest assured the rest are about to go as well, i.e. rusted through! If this is a temporary interim power-plant, you know what to expect but if this is your daily driver and you are depending on it for transportation, i.e. not just a weekend toy, you probably should replace them all as it is only a matter of time before the rest start to leak.

The sides of the block are 35 mm, front is 40 mm, rear is 50 mm. The "soft" plug under the timing chain will probably be the last one to start leaking due to its more consistent environment, but I would not trust that. :wink:

Hope that helps,

Paul

• Administrators

That would be a temporary fix, quick and easy to install, will get you down the road, just not something to count on long term. :wink:

Don't forget to thoroughly clean the machined bore in the block for the core plug to get a good seal. Usually they are quite gunked up and corroded. If you have access to air and a die grinder, or even a drill motor, these flapper wheels work quite well. 1"-1 1/4" diameter.

51W8BvQXLEL._SL160_SL125_.jpg