HybridZ

YEAH BABY!!!!! V8 IN THE HOUSE!!!!

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

After a long quest to Philly from Chicago, there is finally a v8 Z sitting outside my apartment. I am sooo proud to be the owner of this car, even though it isn't really that safe to drive right now. With a journey that involved Amish people, a load of paper towels, a ton of gas, cheese steaks, greedy cab drivers, flights being missed, a couple break downs, fitting 3 people in that damn car for 18 hours, and eluding the police, I am relieved that I made it back in one piece. But now the fun part begins...the complete rehabilitation of this monstrousity. Very few original Z parts will be used, but when this gets done, this Z will be one badass supercar. Oh yeah, expect a whole lot of questions coming this way on stuff I could possibly do my self, as I want to only have to spend a lot of money on things that I can't do (paint job, rims, suspension, new transmission, etc.). You guys are a very convincing group of people because I don't think I would go through that hellacious trip again for any other car. But I have a feeling it's gonna be well worth it.

Dan

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa!!!

With an intro like that/maybe you should sell your movie rights to someone.

Good to hear you got the car home safely; Oooh! three people in a Z for an 18 hour trip. Been there/done that (not for 18 hours tho) & luckily I was the driver/owner so I always got the good seat!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

so this quest to find the z starts out at the airport. i get to the gate 3 minutes before my 2 buddies. i check in and get on the plane, but won't let my friends on. so they call me, and i go dashing off the plane cuz i can't just leave without them, so, as i'm running down the aisle of the plane, i'm whacking people in the head with my bag and people are getting startled thinking something is going on. for some reason, i thought police would be waiting outside o search me or something. well, i get out to the front again, and they make us take a flight the next day....arrggghhh, i hate ATA. so when we finally arrive in philly, it take us 4 hours to go about 40 miles to where the Z is, not very fun what so ever. once we arrive, i took the car for a spin and was instantly in love. so i dumped the cash, jammed everyone into the car, and took off. first stop: some authentic cheese steaks. after that, we headed west on the pennsylvania turnpike. ...and here come this monte carlo. i'm thinkin perfect chance to test this bad boy out. so i had my friend pull up to him (i was ion the back for some reason) going about 70. he dumps into 4th and blazes the guy. i about **** on my self seeing how fast we were taking off. 5 seconds later the emergency brake comes on, the charge light comes on, the volt meter is at 4, and the water temp is at 230. everything is getting fried for some reason. luckily we were coming up on a gas station and rolled in as everything went to hell. we popped the hood and found a broken fan belt. son of a.....so i went in and asked the gas station dude who i could call to help, and he says no one until 8 am, it currently being 3 am. wonderful. so my nice friends pass out, and i just pace back and forth until sunrise. i start looking at the engine (me not being very mechanically inclined) and notice i could pivot the alternator and put a new belt on my self. so i start looking for close by auto parts shops. nothing within 20 miles. i'm thinkin i got ripped off on this deal right about now. but this maitenence guy come up and asks me if everything's alright. obviously not, he takes me over to his van where he has 25 belt hanging in the back of his van. holy good lord is this luck or what. but none of them fit. so he says there's this amish guy 2 minutes away that fixes small engines. i'm think i'm going to end up on the news as the next victim in some serial murder case or something. but i go with anyway. we go driving along in the back hills of pennslyvania, me with one hand on my cell phone and the other one on the door handle, but 2 minutes later, here's this amish dude, beard and curly side burns and big hat and all, fixing a lawn mower. unbelievable. so i pay 12.47 for a belt and we go back to the car. belt on, car runs, we are back on the road. we stop in cedar point in sandusky, OH and check oput the wave pool and the amusement park, and then continue our journey later that night. we are cruising along when every single freakin light in the car starts fluxuating. omg, it's happening again. again, for some reason this happens right near a gas station, in fact, the same brand gas station too. so we look at the engine again, and the belt is on, and looks like it's turning all the wheels, so we guess it's the battery, cuz the car will idle, but when we turn the lights on, it dies. so we buy a battery from this old guy. we go about testing differnt things trying to get the damn car to run, the whole time this old guy is harrassing us to pay for the battery and a little can of wd-40 we had.and everytime we jumped the car with the station's little cart charger thing, he would take the cart away, and we'd have to ask him to bring it back every time. so finally this guy that was working on the semis comes over to give us a little help. turns out the station guy sold us a dead battery, and it wasn't the battery at all anyway. the belt was loose, but was spinning the alternator just enough to keep it idling, so when we streched it out, it worked fine again. another 4 hours wasted on a 5 minute problem. off and running again. luckily we didn't have any more car problems, but jkeep in mind this car has no license plates, no tags of any sort, and it sounds loud as hell, and doesn't smell all that great. we didn't really run into the cops until illinois. this cop pulls up behind the 3 of us, and just cruises behind. pulls up next to us, and chills. pulls ahead, and sittins there for a while, then goes back behind us for a while more, and then just slows down and turns around. i'd like to think he was just admiring the car, but since it looks like crap now, that can't be it. i still don't know why he didn't pull us over. but finally, we arrived back home, in one piece, car in hand, and me with a smile from ear to ear, cuz i have a car that can beat 99% of all cars i will go up against. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!

BTW: the car goes into the shop tomorrow for a list of everything brokenb or in need of help, and then initial body work will begin. i still haven't decided if i should mount the engine the JTR method when i put it back in. what do you think??

i should write a book or something, "Diary of a Car Gone Mad: The 280 Z Story." heheheheehe.

Dan

Dan, i can put the icing on the cake. There was a KILLER V8 z for sale in peoria last year. I went and looked at it, solid body, 327 with auto four speed 1500 bucks. I almost bought it.

I have a turbo z (of course) and go to Western. Are you in school? whats the deal!

Glad to hear the fuzz didnt arrest you guys!

Evan icon_biggrin.gif

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i moved to champaign to try and get in to u of i, but they turned me down, so i'm either gonna end up at eastern or bradley in the fall.

dan