HybridZ

Ls1 installed in 280zx

This is HybridZ, I would think so....

Search. That's how I found Vihn's setup:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114311

Please take some time to REREAD the rules you already read. :icon56:

2. Please use the search function before you do anything else. The search button can be found at the top of the page. Use several keywords if you don't find what you need right off the bat. Remember: Just about every possible topic and problem has been posted and answered, in most cases several times. The Members on this board are very helpful and a great crowd of Z enthusiasts, but answering the same questions over and over again gets old.

We can read pretty well down here in Florida, and as for myself, yes...I did check the threads....and as for Vihn's setup, if you read it, would realize that the conversion he was working on was a 280Z, not a 280ZX.The question was,has anyone done a LS1 swap into a 280ZX. I have not found anyone that has done it on this site.

There may be a ZX with a LS1 swap, however I have not seen any info posted on this site. The guys that work at the Autozone I go too, just told me there is a mechanic with Honda S2000 with a LS swap who does not live far from me, so there could be a ZX-LS1 out there, just not on this forum.

I am going to attempt to do this soon. I am doing some research on how to get around the steering problem.

Hi,

I'm working with Sanderson Headers on a shorty LS1 header that is similar to the small-block header used in the ZX -- it will require rack and pinion steering, and will not work with the cars using a steering box.

The real reason for producing the header is for installing an LSx engine into the BMW E36. This header should be ready in a few weeks. Hopefully, BRAAP will be interested in this header for his BMW LSx swap.

Vinh, nice job on that Daytona kit. I just checked your pictures out. I put the same kit on a 1978 280z, back in 1984 in Pompano Beach Florida. I can kick myself in the ass for selling it a few years later. We have a few Autobody shops in the family, so that's my trade even though I do not do it for a living anymore. When it comes to the mechanics of installing an LS1 in one of those cars, I see I'm going to need help! I'm from South Jersey originally. I have half the family down here in Florida and the rest are in Deptford, NJ....In fact that is where the ZX that I'm planning to do the swap is located. Your right over the bridge. I can use any advice you have on this LS1 into the 280zx. I see you did a nice job putting one in a 280.