HybridZ

Momo Steering Hub Adapter

jaime240z

The part # for a 240-280Z should be 3503. I received one today through a mial order co. and it says 3503 C . Does anyone know what's up with the "C" in the part number?

It looks like it might be the wrong one since it is very different from the grant adapter but i'm not sure if it's supposed to be different.

The part that actually bolts to the steering column is different?

Did anyone run into this problem before. I just want to know before I start taking my old one off.

Please help. Thanks

Jaime

Jaime,

My part # was 3503, no C. I got mine from Custom Auto in Oakland. They are a Momo rep. Their # is 510-567-1888. Call them Monday and ask for Linda. She can give you a definative answer. If that doesn't work just take a jaunt over the river and come take a look at mine.

Thanks, Dan.

Do you remember if your Momo hub had two pins that go into the steering column along with the center spline piece?

Mine does, but the Grant adapter has the center spline piece and three small bolts that secure everything?

I don't know if that makes any sence but they are so different it would make sence if you had them both in front of you.

Anyways, thanks for the info. I'm going to get in contact with as many dealers as I can tomorrow. Apparently Momo changed the design on the steering wheel I ordered. I got the Champion but when it came in the mail the spokes are now darker silver and the horn button and logo are totally different. Not a big deal but the shade of silver doesn't match anything in my car. I'm going to try to hunt down one of the old design models. I know picky, picky, but this is MY Z we're talking here here. ( haha )

Jaime

Dan,

What you're saying about the pins sounds right. I don't jave a dig. camera so I can't provide pics right away. I was just out in the garage and I tried to swap the Momo hub in for the Grant hub.

The grant hub also has the pins for the T/S cancel but it slides onto the spline very easily ( maybe because it's worn ) But the Momo hub doesn't go onto the spline all the way ( maybe because it's the wrong one? ) I stopped trying to force it on there so I could still return it undamaged in case it's wrong.

I can tell you this much though, there is a part # stamped on the Momo hub that reads 3503 C .However on the box it only has a serial # followed by 3503. The part number it stamped on the hub edge near where it bolts to the steering column.

Also after doing some research on the net ( man I love it ) I found out that Momo does make hub kits with part #'s followed by a letter ( A, B or C)

Apparently the early Z's require 3503A. The one I have looks like a close fit but I think I'll still return it just in case.

Jaime

AH yes! months. I've been waiting for this damn adapter for a while. Not to mention the steering wheel. Oh did I mention the pedals have been on back order too. They're supposed to be in this week, but we'll see about that.

I thought I had finally found the right steering wheel on ebay but it turns out the seller just hasn't updated the picture. DAMN!

Then I found a used one. The right one! But the seller has a few neg. comments about taking money but not delivering. DAMN!

So I said screw it! I bid on the used one. I figured it's the only way I'm going to get what I want. But I e-mailed him and said I'll buy it from you. But you have some bad comments under your belt. So send it COD and I'll pay you extra when it gets here and everyone's happy. I doubt it'll work but it's worth a try!

About the hub, I think I'll check with Custom Auto and see if they have the wheel I want and I'll run my little question by them tomorrow, too. Maybe I'll get lucky, who knows?

Thanks for the help, Dan.

Jaime :D

In case anyone is interested: The hub adapter I have is the right one. Apparently the "C" in 3503C is molded in the part by Momo to respresent "center". I called Momo USA on this one. Why they would need it to be marked center, I don't know.

Anyways I bolted it up today and it fits good. Wow, my turn signals even cancel again. ( damn cheap Grant adapter )

AND, my Momo pedals came to my door today, too. It was a good day!

Thanks for the help, Dan.

Jaime