HybridZ

Need help on making a trade for a 82 280zx

sick240

Thanks for yall input,

Here is the deal I built a new motor for my 240z "396 sbc" and I am trying to sell my old motor. I have a guy who is wanting to trade me a 82 280zx. First thought was this could be a nice trade but then after the pic's and the more infor I get I am not so sure anymore. So my question is what do you think this car is worth and do ya think I should take her over? I am asking 1600 for the motor I am selling.

280ZX_004_thumb.JPG

zcar_003_thumb.JPG

zcar_007_thumb.JPG

zcar_004_thumb.JPG

280ZX_016_thumb.JPG

sorry the car has 210K on her also. Was told it needs an alternator. Also was told all the lights are on in the dash due to this. Sound right?

Can thses motor's be modded to make/hold more power/boost and still be daily driven without dumping alot of money into it?

It has one big thing working against it. Auto. Parts alone on the car are worth it but its up to you what you value more. Your motor or a 280zx. How far will it set you back on your 240 project getting rid or the motor? If you choose not to trade Let me know. I am looking for a donor for my rust free 280zx n/a

Blackice, So the auto are no good or junk to say the least? The motor motor is out and just sitting on the floor with the new motor in the car and up and running. been a 6.50 @ 104 with a 1.48 60ft on pump gas. street car. :) I would like the money for it but then I also dont want to just hold the motor and let it sit on the floor.

Blackice, So the auto are no good or junk to say the least? The motor motor is out and just sitting on the floor with the new motor in the car and up and running. been a 6.50 @ 104 with a 1.48 60ft on pump gas. street car. :) I would like the money for it but then I also dont want to just hold the motor and let it sit on the floor.

To me the autos are junk. First gear is to tall and 3rd is to low. I just converted my car from auto to 5 speed and the auto was no fun. It took the joy out of owning a z. Slow and sucked a ton of gas. If you are dead set on 1600 for your motor you are loosing money. That is a 700-1000 dollar car IMO without seeing under it.(That could change everything) Its up to you. Have you ever wanted a s130 or had plans on getting one? If so this may be the deal for you. If you are just wanting to make your money back on the motor then no its not.

The picture with the system check light in the center of the dash..when it is all lit up with red dots that means a system fault. electrical...alternator..maybe..IMHO that is a $500 car..but I am a cheap son of a gun..just look at the hood.

Edited by powershotnt
forgot the shift key

The picture with the system check light in the center of the dash..when it is all lit up with red dots that means a system fault. electrical...alternator..maybe..IMHO that is a $500 car..but I am a cheap son of a gun..just look at the hood.

Yep, agree 100%.