HybridZ

Not a Z question but I need some help/info on seats

Guest Night_rider_383

Guest Night_rider_383

I'm sorry about posting this on this board, but all the guys over at thirdgen well lets just say they aint the brightest color paint in the body shop and they don't like the idea of putting "import" seats in a camaro

Here's my prob/question.. Yall all know just like I do we have to have a good daily driver right?

Well I can't keep feeding my gas drinking 73 chevy truck, so when I ran across a 1988 camaro for $550 I jumped on it. The camaro has a great body, a 71 350 engine, B&M th-350 trans and pro stick shifter, but the interior is junked out. The seats are ripped all up.

There's a cheap junkyard out in atlanta that I can get any and all the bucket seats I want for $21.00 each. I would like to get some better, cleaner seats, but I don't like the stock camaro seats. I want something that gives good back, side, and leg support.

I been around this site for a few years now, so I read and seen all the post where some of yall are putting Prelude, Plymouth Laser, Eclipse, Miata, ect seats in yall's 240's, 260's 280's etc.. Them kinda seats sounds like what I want.

Do any of yall know if they will fit into a 1988 camaro, or have any idea's about it?

It don't seem like non of the above listed seats will be too wide cause the camaro is wider than them little cars, and I have the camaro seat tracks, but see I aint even sure if I could make them seats fit onto the camaro tracks.

Sorry for the long post, and that its about a camaro

Thanks for any help, info, ideas yall can give me,

John

Guest Night_rider_383

Thanks a bunch guys... This board is great!!!. What yall two said is 500% more help/info than I got from 6 posts over at the third gen camaro board..

spdsk8r.... That's what I wanted to hear bud. Now I know for sure if camaro seats fits a Z any seats that fits a Z will fit my camaro.

Sumo... It don't matter if I have to do alittle custom work for them to fit in.. I'm very much like alot of the guys on here. Not scared to fab a part or 3 as long as I end up happy when i'm done. I have all the needed tools a grinder, a welder, hand tools and lets not leave out the best on the BFH lol

I just can't stand the gen 3 f-body seats. I seen go cart seats thats better lol

Thank's again

John

Guest blown408

I'm the same type of criminal. I replaced the lame Dakota R/T seats with seats outta a '97 Viper GTS. They were take-outs, and expensive, but awesome. I'm currently trying to find some cool seats for the 280ZX.