HybridZ

RB26 Single Turbo Conversion Water and Oil line map

streeteg

OK so here is the story---- Below is a pic of the exhaust side of an RB26block stripped in preparation for a full race single t4 turbo kit. Each piece either flows oil, coolant or vacuum, and I was curious to know which was which in regards to oil feed, return, water feed and return and vacuum. Going from 2 turbos to one threw me for a loop--- any insight?

Also, There is another coolant line that wraps to the front of the block that goes into the thermostat.

For those curious the car is a r33 skyline.

RB26.JPG

Anyway, the different lines are numbered 1-6. If you have done a single turbo conversion and can give me some insight on what numbers you used for your feeds if any that would be great. THanks guys

Eric

#1 oil return from turbo

#2 oil supply to turbo

#3 oil return from turbo

#4 water from turbo. This also T's to that line that wraps around front.

#5 boost pressure to waste gate actuators

#6 sense line from turbo inlet to boost pressure control solenoid.

Your water supply line is just below the back two exhaust ports. Hope that helps.

Thanks man...I have been following your build for a while- Car looks great. I am definately going to pick your brain about your coilover install as thats my next thing to do. Regardless thanks for the help We are gonna attempt to complete the rest of the install this weekend. Ill keep everyone posted.

-Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I'm pretty sure came with the RB26DETT

Oil supply had a "T" fitting in block.

3-21-09001.jpg

This shows restricter in Banjo bolt. The hole in the end is way bigger than the hole up inside the bolt. I'd say the restricter hole is about .030" or less (I did not measure it).

3-21-09002-1.jpg

And the water supply.

3-21-09003.jpg

These stock "T" fittings have Concave seats, so if you plan on using the stock "t" fittings and need adapters for AN type hoses...

I used

Male 14 X 1.5 MM Metric concave seat to 6AN Male steel p/n 3276-004 for water.

Male 12 X 1.0 MM Metric concave seat to 4AN Male aluminum p/n 3276-020 for oil.

At Pegasus.

Or...you could just try and get adapters that screw into block and go AN fittings all the way.

I hope this helps.

Gord

I actually found that answer in another thread by this threads OP...a few more questions:

I'm currently planning to run a Greddy T78 (that could change), could I just come out of #2 with an adapter to 4 AN line into the turbo?

What size fitting is #1?

I actually found that answer in another thread by this threads OP...a few more questions:

I'm currently planning to run a Greddy T78 (that could change), could I just come out of #2 with an adapter to 4 AN line into the turbo?

What size fitting is #1?

#2 to turbo. Make sure you get fitting with restricter.

Here are some links I found helpful. Not familiar with T78.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=ATP-OIL2

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/advcat.asp?CategoryID=PLUMADAPMETRIC&iorb=4764&utm_source=Sponsored%2BSearch&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=BROI

http://www.aptuning.net/Turbo_Fittings_s/158.htm

I'm not sure about #1. It is a pipe thread.

is the restrictor used only on bb turbos? I will be fitting a BEP s366 ett and Tony @ T1 said it is not necessary.

Single Turbo Swap Plumbing Greddy T78.

Greddy T78, non-water cooled, non-BB. External wastegate...will these work?

Driveside1.jpg

#1 oil return from turbo - 3/4BSP or 3/4NPT? Is 12AN too big for an oil drain?

#2 oil supply to turbo - M12x1.0 to 4AN? Do I need a restrictor for non-BB?

#3 oil return from turbo - Blocked.

#4 water from turbo. - Not needed for non-water cooled turbo?

#5 boost pressure - To external wastegate?

#6 sense line from turbo inlet to boost pressure control solenoid - To boost controller?

#7 water to turbo - Blocked on non-water cooled turbo?

Thanks in advance!