HybridZ

PIC request. 82-83 zxt dizzy harness

username

hey.

i need a pic of the connector side of the distributor plug on a 82-83 turbo.

i have to make one, as my dizzy was sent to me with no harness.

i am using the harness from my 81zxt cas, but the connector on the dizzy is the wrong one.

so, a pic of the square 4 pin in the bottom of the dizzy. make sure the wires are exposed so i can see which colors go where.

thanks

tony

Guest kitestore
I had to make this for a guy I sent a 83 dizzy to.

dizzyconnector.jpg

This is looking from the top of the connector, the plastic side, not the wire side.

^^ good point. Glad I joined this forum already

• 3 weeks later...

I have always found that posts like this can be very handy because sometimes you need to look it up again. Rather than testing/researching, you just search for that old post and you have it! :)

I figure it would be useful to add the correct pinouts as that will be the next question.

RED: +12volt switched source (efi relay)

BLACK: ground

WHITE: pin# 8

GREEN: pin# 17

To be honest I am only guessing on white/green from memory, I could be wrong. If someone can confirm this, PM me and I will edit it.

I figure it would be useful to add the correct pinouts as that will be the next question.

The question was what was the original color and position of the wires coming out of the 82-83 CAS ZXT Dizzy.

The "pinout" going into the ECU isn't necessary because it changes wire colors after the connector from the dizzy to the ZXT harness.

To be honest I am only guessing on white/green from memory, I could be wrong. If someone can confirm this, PM me and I will edit it.

I confirmed the above picture as it was on my running turbo car.

There have been several posts saying you shouldn't post something you don't know 100%

The "pinout" going into the ECU isn't necessary because it changes wire colors after the connector from the dizzy to the ZXT harness.

I know the color changes, pin8 is g/y and pin17 is g/b not white and green. Sometimes knowing where the wire ultimatly goes is useful.

There have been several posts saying you shouldn't post something you don't know 100%

This is why I said I'm not 100%, I was hoping someone could confirm it so that we could have it archived. I have seen this question come up several times, I thought the pic was great and just thought we could add to it to have complete info on the subject.

btw, I have made the mistake of crossing the white and green wires. It did not hurt anything, the only result is that the car would not start. After correcting the problem it fired right up.