HybridZ

First time Z buyer looking for opinions

Hello,

A co-worker of mine has inherited her fathers old 240z that he raced (SCCA) in the 80s and is looking to get rid of it. The problem is, neither her or I know what its worth. Here's a description of the car. Could get any pictures because it is stored away in the back corner of this dark garage, right where it was parked 20 years ago.

The body is in pretty good shape. Checked all the usual spots for rot. Frame looks solid, dog legs are good, door sills are a little iffy, floor boards appear solid. The one bad spot is the hatch area. There is a sizable hole in the rear 'deck' (where the bottom of the hatch meets the car. Paint is also in decent shape.

The motor and transmission are out of the car. The block is together, but all accessories have been taken off. We don't know if it runs.

So what does a car like this go for?

Thanks,

Jake

I bought mine with a engine and everything just need a battery and gas to run and had some rust not too much for about $350. But depends on how the engine was set up and what all is done to the car all I would do is make a offer on it and see if they take it.

Having been raced, there may be a lot of things that have been altered. Without knowing what all has been done, you might be in for a lot more than you bargained for. On the other hand, it might have some pretty trick stuff on it. Be sure it has a clean title or it is worth a few bucks as parts. As described, I wouldn't go over $500 if you REALLY wanted it and be prepared to put another 5 grand into it. Much cheaper to go buy a runner and go from there.

My nickles worth of free advice............

Really if there's rust through the tail end, it would about guarantee there's rust in orth spots. SCCA cars aren't meant to be pretty, just functional and fast. With the engine and tranny out, it's a prertty good bet it doesn't run hehehe. Kidding. but if it's sat for 20 years, then it's a good bet there's some gummed up old gas in there which is a pain to get out. I would be cautious at best about it, though look at the engine and see if there's anything that has names other than datsun or nissan. Some of the vintage racing parts can be worth big bucks today. also look at the suspension, n see if it looks like anything other than stock. I would really doubt the car would be worth much, but hey you might be lucky. Good luck w/ that.

Phar