HybridZ

R230 with Q45 CV's, need your help with corect location and angles.help !!!!----!!!!!

snarpee

Hey all,

Im right in the middle of mounting my R230 from a TT, with Q45 CV's, its going in to my 71 240, and I'm using the technotoy tunning aluminum mustash bar.

Do you know if the bushing blocks go in "FRONT" or "REAR" of the mustashbar (ie, do they go towards the front or rear of the car)???

I'm hoping you guys might also be able to shed soem light on the prefered location of the output shafts too. The car will be lowered say 1 to 1.5 inches from stock, and would like to keep all the moving parts happy.

Yes the obvious answer is to call Technotoy and ask them, but I'm looking for your guys install and racing experiance for tips on how to do this right.

So, my question to you recap is as follows:

1. Do the bushing blocks of the aluminum mushtach bar go towards the front or the rear of the car?

2. What is the correct location of the output shafts of the R230 in relation to some fixed feature of the chassis that you can measure to (ie.. from the sub floor down to the middle of the utput shaft should be "X-inches", from the rear subfloor cross brace to the center of the output shaft should be "Y-inches")

3. Last but not least, what angle is prefered from the dif to the rear strut housings, and what angle is prefered for the drive shaft (from tranny to diff)???

Any help / dimensions / links to specific examples would be freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys