HybridZ

Water Stains?

Guest silverbullet

Guest silverbullet

Not a very technical topic but does anyonehave a good method/product for cleaning glass with water spots? I have tried all of the common household glass cleaners and even tried rubbing compound but I still have the spots on my windows + windshield. :confused:

I once used some Comet type cleaner on a glass coffee pot that had some horrible stains on it. It might be worth a try. Make sure you try it on an inconspicuous area first. I have also had very good luck on windows with an SOS pad (there not just for chrome and whitewalls anymore smile.gif ).

If the vinegar does not work (and it should), you could try using Lime Away or some such product from the grocery store--that should take off the mineral deposits from the glass. DO NOT get it on your paint!!!!!

I personally would not use any kind of abrasive cleaner on windshield glass. There is glass polish that is available from Eastwood that I'm sure will take care of 'spots.'

Davy

I've used a product by Rain X that was made to clean off any buildup of road grime. It works great for getting the glass much cleaner than plain glass cleaner. It was basically a Bon-Ami type of cleaner that you used a lot of water with. I'm not sure if they still sell it though. You try to see if you can find some.